Social Impact + Innovation
Executive Education Program
The Social Impact + Innovation Executive Education Program at the University of Utah's David Eccles School of Business aims to equip nonprofit leaders with the knowledge and skills to drive innovation, entrepreneurship, and make evidence-based decisions that transform their organizations to make maximum impact.
- A cohort model that creates a supportive network of like-minded, innovative, colleagues for dynamic learning both during and after the program.
- Ongoing mentoring, technical assistance, and lectures by leading experts in the social impact space.
- Workshops, site visits, and case studies.
- Pre-seminar and post-seminar work in which participants will create an "Organizational Social Impact Plan" that identifies and articulates an organizational challenge and addresses the challenge by applying the concepts from the program.
Executive Education Curriculum:
Leading experts in the fields of social impact, entrepreneurship, impact measurement, and innovative finance models will deliver course content during the program, covering topics including the following:
- Social impact and innovation
- Social entrepreneurship and social enterprise
- Communications and marketing / "Impact-Based Storytelling"
- Public-private partnerships
- Innovative funding models (e.g., new markets, social impact bonds (SIBs), impact investing, performance-based contracting)
- Data science for social good
- Evaluation science: scientific methods, evaluation measurement