Investing in the next generation.
Sorenson Impact is housed within the University of Utah’s David Eccles School of Business. As such, we work to insert social impact into the academic curriculum at the University of Utah. Our focuses are on academic research, publications, and teaching in the areas of social impact and entrepreneurship within various departments and colleges across campus.
The following Center faculty and staff teach a variety of courses:
- Jeremy Keele, CEO & President and adjunct professor, Entrepreneurship
- Paul Brown, James Lee Sorenson Presidential Endowed Chair for Social Entrepreneurship and Impact Investing
- Courtney McBeth, Managing Director and adjunct professor, College of Social Work
- Jack Robinson, PhD, Director and adjunct professor, City and Metropolitan Planning
- Fraser Nelson, Managing Director of Strategic Partnerships
For information on our Impact Fellows program, see our students page.
Current course offerings:
Entrepreneurship Honors Thesis 4999
Social Entrepreneurship & Impact Investing Seminar 5850
Finance 5881 Managing the Venture Process
Finance 6881 Venture Planning
Finance 6810 Fixed Income Investing
Social Impact and Innovation 6850-002
Business Law Strategy 6310