The Sorenson Impact Center is hiring a talented professional in the field of social impact, working with governments, philanthropies, and nonprofits to improve outcomes in disadvantaged communities. The ideal candidate will be passionate about policy and have experience managing large, complex projects to implementation. Candidates should be able to translate between research and practice and be comfortable presenting to and liaising with top executives, politicians, social entrepreneurs, and academics.
The Sorenson Impact Center boasts a team of highly collaborative and motivated professionals working on a wide range of social policy issues, from homelessness to early childhood outcomes. Our goal is to improve policy and practice at the local, state, and federal levels through research and through providing technical assistance on how to implement evidence-based solutions and innovative financing strategies (such as Pay for Success / Outcomes-based Financing) to serve vulnerable populations. We are seeking a professional who will be directly responsible for managing projects, research, technical assistance, and efforts across the Sorenson Impact Center’s government, nonprofit, and social policy portfolios.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate a strong interest in one or more of the following topics: evidence-based policy making, social impact investment and finance, local governance and public-sector capacity building, statistics and data visualization, federal policy and systems, housing-related assistance programs, criminal justice, health, early childhood education, economic development, and inclusive communities.
The Sorenson Impact Center is seeking a Program Manager with the following attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area or equivalency (2 years related work experience may be substituted for 1 year of education)
- Four to six years of progressively more responsible management experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills in planning and directing projects and teams
- Prior work experience or public policy related research experience is preferable.
- Work history with federal, state, or local policymakers, philanthropic and/or non-profits leaders is a plus.
- Master's or PhD is a plus.
For more information and to apply, click on the button below.